Spicy Awesome Tex-Mex Party Dip
This recipe is wicked to serve at a party. We won't lie, we sometimes just have this for dinner... It's vegetarian, so that's something. This recipe is adapted from one of Dave's Mom's recipe.
This recipe fits a 9x13" baking dish, but can easily be cut in half to fit an 8x8". It can also be made a head of time and frozen, so when you're in need of a party snack, just pull it out and stick it in the oven.
REFRIED BEAN LAYER (BOTTOM)
- 2 cans refried beans - 1 tbsp Chipotle flakes (or more) - 1/4 cup shredded cheese (it is tempting to add more cheese, but it doesn't work as well as you think) - 3-4 dashes of Big Cove Foods After School Special Jalapeno Hot Sauce - Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayo - 1 cup sour cream - 4 tbsp Big Cove Foods Taco Enhancer Number One Spicy - a few dashes of Big Cove Foods Trinidad Scorpion Face Melter Hot Sauce - 1-2 Jalapenos, halved and sliced thin
- 1 Jar of your favourite salsa
CHEESE LAYER (TOP) - 1 1/2 - 2 cups of shredded cheese (we used Kraft's Habanero Mix) - Green Onions, chopped - Freshly ground black pepper to top. - Corn chips for dipping
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Start off by mixing refried beans, chipotle flakes, 1/4 cups of shredded cheese and hot sauce into medium sauce pan and heating through until cheese is melted. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. While that is heating up, mix the mayo, sour cream, Taco Enhancer, and hot sauce together in medium bowl. Adjusting ratios to your preference.
3. It's time to layer! In a 9x13 baking dish, layer first the bean mixture and smooth out. Then add the sour cream mixture, your jar of salsa, sprinkle the jalapeno's evenly and cover with cheese. Top with the green onions and some pepper. Pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly.
Allow this to cool for about 5 minutes and serve with corn chips.