Red Rub Glazed BBQ Pork
Hummingbirds are flying around. The sun is beating down and wants to party into the night. That means it is time to use the barbecue as much as you can. We made a new spice, so we decided to play with it. This new recipe is smokey, spicy and a little sweet.
2-4 lbs Pork Loin Roast
2 TBS Big Cove Foods Red Rub 1/2 cup Soy Sauce 1/4 cup Big Cove Foods 100% Pure Maple Syrup 1/4 cup Mirin 1/4 cup Dark Rum 4 Red Chilies (good sized) 3 Garlic Cloves (sliced) 1 Small Shallot (chopped) 1 TBS Ginger (grated) 1 TBS Tomato Paste
1. Place all marinade ingredients into a blender and blend it all nice.
2. Put pork roast and marinade in a ziploc bag. Let it marinade for 2-4 hours.
3. Preheat BBQ to 350 F
4. Put pork roast into a roasting pan (that hopefully fits in your BBQ) and put the marinade in a small pot.
5. Put pork roast on BBQ. Keep BBQ temperature between 300-350 F. Meanwhile, back at the batcave, bring the marinade to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Every 30 minutes, brush the marinade onto the pork roast. Cook until the internal temperature of the pork is 155 F (it will cook more while you let it rest for 20 minutes)
7. Repeat every other week.