Zesty Grilled Taco Enhancer Marinated Flank Steak
Spring is in the air and we are going to call it - IT IS OFFICIALLY BBQ SEASON!!! Time to clean up the BBQ and eat some steak. Flank steak is great for marinating and this recipe is delicious! It is also quick (minus marinating time) and super easy. So dust of your shorts and get grilling. Ok, it might be too early for shorts, but not to early to BBQ.
2 lbs Flank Steak
8 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp Big Cove Foods Taco Enhancer Number One Spice Blend
1 Lime, juice and zest
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Crushed Chilies
2 tsp Black Pepper
Optional: hot sauce
1. Mix together all ingredients that aren't the flank steak in a bowl. Place the marinade and the flank steak in a large ziploc bag and let it marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
2. Take steak out of fridge while you heat up your BBQ. You will want to grill the steak over direct heat at about 400F.
3. Grill the flank steak until it is nicely browned on both side and done to your liking. We like our flank steak done medium-rare, so you want to cook it until the thickest part has an internal temperature of 125 F. About 3 - 4 minutes per side.
4. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes.
5. Slice the steak against the grain and serve. We had it with some rice.